Author, Nutritionist, Fitness Coach, and creator of the Desert Detox Diet and the Balanced Training Boot Camp Experience, Cathy Serif has successfully helped countless women and men adopt a healthy and fit lifestyle, re-shape their bodies and realize their true weight loss and fitness potential.
In her first book, The Desert Detox Diet; 30 Days to Clean Eating for Life & Realizing Your True Weight-Loss Potential, Cathy presents a preventative approach towards weight loss and intervenes with the poor dietary habits that cause obesity and obesity related diseases by providing a guided path for changing your relationship with food and creating a sustainable clean eating plan for life. More than just a diet book, Cathy's plan includes successful exercise strategies and methods for setting realistic goals and achieving a healthier, fitter body.
Her natural approach to health and fitness can help you revitalize your body, mind, and spirit, achieve optimal digestion, sculpt lean tissue, burn maximum fat and reach a state of vibrant health. The Desert Detox Diet reveals successful strategies for maintaining weight loss results, presents easy to understand nutritional guidance, and provides delicious recipes and meal plans to get you clean and lean in 30-days.
Cathy Serif, Author, Nutritionist, Fitness Coach, and Creator of the Balanced Training Boot Camp Experience, is a nationally recognized expert in fitness and nutrition. Serif has been a dedicated professional in the health and fitness industry for more than 30 years and is among the top in her field with certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine and the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy. Cathy is well known for her highly effective diet and exercise strategies and has been impacting lives and transforming bodies since 1980.
Cathy's tenacious spirit and creative appetite for business lead her to create a fitness boot camp model that has challenged, changed, and inspired thousands of people in her community to adopt a healthy and fit life-style. In 2007 she earned prestigious recognition from Palm Springs Life Magazine as one of the Coachella Valley's "101 Most Influential People" for her engagement in the community and her ability to inspire the Valley to fitness. Cathy's fitness program, Balanced Training Boot Camp, continues to earn top recognition in her community and was voted as the number one experience in fitness by Palm Springs Life Magazines "Best of the Best" Reader's Choice Poll and also earned a 1st Place win in the Desert Magazine's "Best of the Valley" 2011 and a top spot in the Desert Magazine's "Best of the Valley" 2010. She continues to hold an Elite Level ranking with IDEA, a recognition that represents the highest measures of achievement in the personal fitness training industry. Serif's expertise transcends to include certifications from the RRCA as a certified running coach and she previously held a position as a Master Trainer with LeMond Academy where she instructed and certified others in the discipline of indoor cycling.
As a health and fitness writer, Cathy has published more than 400 articles on fitness and nutrition for the Star Beacon in Ashtabula, Ohio and has contributed to articles written in the Desert Magazine and Dune Magazine in the Coachella Valley of Southern California. Cathy is the proud mother of two daughters; Jamie Alexandra and Angelica Rochelle and equally proud stepmother of Carlie Michelle and Bryan Andrew. She resides in Southern California with her husband Lawrence.
Would you like to slip into your sexy jeans but can't because of a few resistant pounds that have been clinging to your body since the birth of your child or the onset of middle age?
Do you peruse the bookshelves in search of a way to lose a few pounds and still be able to eat the kinds of foods that satisfy your hunger? Do you just want to rock a hot body, strut your stuff, and turn a few heads?
If any of these questions sound like the story of your life, then start practicing the principles of the Desert Detox Diet and you'll be dropping jaws and shopping for a new wardrobe in a smaller size.
Of course, fitness is an important component of physical transformation, and exercise strategies are included in this book, but nutrition is the secret code that will unlock your true weight-loss potential and provide a foundation for a lifetime of healthy habits. Not only will your diet be the defining strategy for obtaining optimal health and minimizing your risk of disease; it will make more of a change in your physical appearance than your workout will. In short, your diet will make or break your health, as well as your weight-loss goal.
The Desert Detox Diet is your call to action for improving your lifestyle and achieving a healthier, fitter body. It is your guide for understanding the role that nutrition plays in losing weight and your proof that you don't have to starve yourself in order to get into a pair of sexy jeans. The Desert Detox Diet is easy to follow and is an appealing dietary practice for the whole family to adopt. Gone are the days of crunching on celery and carrots in order to drop a few pounds.
Founded on whole, nutrient-dense food sources that have natural healing and detoxifying properties, the DDD does not require the purchase of packaged foods or supplements to be successful. You'll not only lose weight, you'll feel great in the process. By adopting the principles of the DDD, you'll learn how to become an educated shopper, eat to achieve vibrant health, curb your cravings for sugar and processed foods, create an environment for burning maximum fat, and build a foundation to support a lifetime of healthy habits.
The Desert Detox Diet is based on transitioning away from an addictive relationship with refined-processed junk food and discovering the vibrant energy and improved health that come from making a connection with life-giving foods that are closer to nature. The Desert Detox Diet can change your body, your outlook on dieting, and your life-in 30 days.
THE DESERT DETOX DIET PRINCIPLES & PHASES
Desert Detoxer David Pasqualone
Position: Regional Sales Manager
Location: Columbus, Ohio "I lost 36 pounds and 10% body fat following the Desert Detox Diet. Multiple people have told me that I look great, and they can tell that I have lost a significant amount of inches. My clothes are falling off, so I am going to have to buy a new wardrobe or invest in a tailor! The principles of the Desert Detox Diet have changed my body and my life forever."
Desert Detoxer Marty Jaeger
Position: Police Officer
Location: Columbus, Ohio "I have lost 12 pounds, 10˝ inches, and 7% body fat on the Desert Detox Diet. I feel lighter and mentally feel clear and more focused. I have more energy than normal, my appetite is stable, and I have felt no hunger pains or bad temptations. I have been extremely happy with the diet and like the structure of the program. I feel very good and have increased my weight training. I am confident that this diet will go a long way in my selection of proper foods to eat in the future and to be very aware of portions and timing. I'm starting to feel the benefits of the diet and workouts and have the confidence to continue this as a lifestyle change. Thanks for sharing this life-changing diet and way of life with me."
Desert Detoxer Agnes Pasion
Position: Registered Polysomnography Technician
Location: American Canyon, California "I have struggled with my weight for 10 years. In the past if I did not see results right away from joining the gym, I gave up. But this time it was different. I lost 12 pounds, my stomach has dropped in size, my jeans are fitting better, and because I saw results right away, it motivated me to stick with it. To me this was not really a diet but a change in eating habits. It's more like adjusting your relationship with food and making the right choices. The food was very good and super easy to prep. The Desert Detox Diet is a very easy way to get in shape. I plan on sticking to this way of eating, not only because I am losing the weight but also because of what it has done for my skin. I used to suffer from adult acne. I tried everything to have clear skin, with minimal results. After eating healthy, I totally see a difference. As a result, not only am I getting in shape and shedding fat but my skin glows and so does my self-esteem. I am so grateful and want to thank you, Cathy, for changing my life."
Desert Detoxer Antony A.
Location: Los Angeles, California "I am so inspired by your wonderful recipes and program. The Desert Detox Diet has provided so much happiness to my life and will do so for many years to come. I am extremely satisfied and feel the best I have ever felt, clean and pure. I have lost 15 pounds over the last 4 weeks, my pants are loose, and I have found myself trying on clothes that I haven't been able to fit into for a while. In fact, I have a full new wardrobe ready and waiting! The recipes are simple, flavorful, and delicious. The menus kept me extremely satisfied, and I haven't had cravings for any other food. I don't like bad food anymore-I could totally do without it, in fact, and I crave the food in your program. This has been such a natural experience for me. What a change; it's nice to turn this corner."
Desert Detoxer Jessica Fogel
Location: Los Angeles, California "I did the Desert Detox 3-Day Cleanse followed by the 30-day diet and it has transformed my life! I was stuck trying to wear flattering outfits and hide the fact that I gained weight in college (and failed to lose the weight after college). Within the first 10 days, I noticed immediate weight loss and felt a renewed sense of energy. By the end of the program, I lost 10 pounds! Now, 3 months after the diet, I'm down a total of 12 pounds and I feel lean and healthy."
"The DDD teaches you everything from proper eating guidelines, grocery shopping, healthful and tasty cooking, proper portions, to how to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. The way you cycle food on the diet never leaves you feeling hungry or unsatisfied (like certain fad diets). This is a lifestyle diet, so there is nothing extreme about it-except the weight loss! The DDD was the extra push I needed to jump-start my weight loss, and I'm so happy I did it. I recommend this to anyone looking to lose weight and feel good about themselves!"
Desert Detoxer Vjosa Pacuki
Position: Mac Make-Up Artist
Location: Hollywood, California "I want to tell you that you have changed my life! I feel amazing. I am healthier, lighter, and cleaner. My stomach is flatter and the cellulite on the back of my legs is already gone. My jeans fit better, less tight, and I actually had to give away a shirt because it was so baggy on me. A friend of mine who hasn't seen me in two months saw me today and she couldn't stop asking me what I was doing to look slimmer and I said, 'Buy the book on this detox diet!"
"Before the Desert Detox Diet I would go days, sometimes weeks, without having bowel movements and now I am regular and because of this, not bloated. I have felt satisfied nutritionally, I am not hungry, and I don't have any food cravings."
Desert Detoxer Becky Nicholson
Position: Physical Therapist Assistant
Location; Geneva, Ohio "I lost 15 pounds on the Desert Detox Diet and went from a size 16 pants to a size 12. I have had to buy new clothes, and my shoes are even too big for me now! I feel great about participating and I learned a lot. In fact, I don't think I'll ever buy anything again without reading the label first. Resisting some of my favorites has been hard, but I also enjoy them more when I have them now. I no longer really crave "junk" food, and I am grateful for that added benefit. Now that I have a better foundation, I will be able to implement permanent changes in my shopping and food preparation, which should help my family live a healthier lifestyle as well."
Desert Detoxer Maria Pasqualone
Position: Beach Body Coach
Location: Columbus, Ohio "I didn't have much to lose, but I did lose 6 pounds. When I started I was wearing a 'snug' size 5 pants and now I am slipping into a skinny size 2 jeans! I feel GREAT! Pretty soon I will have a legitimate excuse to go shopping. All of the meals are so yummy."
Desert Detoxer Sallie Fraser
Position: Middle School Principal
Location: Palm Desert, California "I was thrilled to lose a total of 8 inches from my waist, hips, and legs in just 4 weeks. The Desert Detox Diet was easy to follow and I wasn't ever hungry. The recipes were great, and I did not have my usual craving for sweets and chocolate. I felt good during the 30-day period and had energy to keep up with my work and exercise schedule. Thank you, Cathy. I am inspired and plan to stay on this healthy eating plan."
Desert Detoxers Jackie & Derek Lloyd
Positions: Middle School Teacher & District Manager
Location: Palm Desert, California "My husband and I are very happy that we participated in the Desert Detox Diet, and we are committed to the new eating and exercise habits that we started. We lost a combined 19 pounds in the first three days of the DDD Transitional Cleanse & Detoxification Phase, which motivated us to keep up with it. The menus were easy to follow, and surprisingly delicious. It took a couple of days to get used to our new portions, but now we finish meals completely satisfied. The exercise regimen took a real commitment, but when our clothes started to fit better (and then worse because they were so loose), it wasn't hard to keep at it. We see the Desert Detox Diet as more of a change of eating and exercise habits, which has enabled us to keep off the 37 pounds that we lost 60 days later."
Desert Detoxer Cory Fitchpatrick
Location: Palm Desert, California "I have successfully completed The Desert Detox Diet and I am now on my own. I can honestly say that you have changed my life for the better. I have developed new and healthier eating habits and I am transforming my body. Over the 30-Day period I lost 21 pounds and 18 inches off my body. Being a single dad, I missed a couple of workouts, had the rare leftover chicken nugget from my son's plate, and still achieved those great results. I have lots of energy and finally feel in control of my fitness future. I have not had caffeine since the start of the 3-Day Transitional Cleanse, and that is saying a lot because I used to drink 5 to 7 Cokes a day. My dentist will thank you also! By the way, it is 60 days past the DDD and I have lost 5 more pounds and 5 more inches. DDD has become my lifestyle."
When you register for a DesertDetoxDiet session or program on-line via the website, we collect the information regarding the session or program in which you wish to participate, your name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you wish to pay for the session or program via the website by credit card, you will be directed to a third party vendor link for payment (currently, PayPal). No credit card information is displayed or processed directly through the Fitness in Balance/DesertDetoxDiet website, and we do not view or have access to your credit card or other information provided to the third party payment vendor.
By providing your email address, you are also authorizing Fitness in Balance/DesertDetoxDiet to provide you (the registrant) with periodic email communications regarding program/session details, such as changes in time or location, and nutritional and health information. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE THE PERIODIC EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US TO PROVIDE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND WE WILL IMMEDIATELY REMOVE YOU FROM OUR EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION: From time to time, we may use your personal details for following purposes: to meet requests for services or information; to process payments; and to keep our records up-to-date; to contact you about updates/changes to sessions or programs, and current or new services that you may be interested in; and for site administration purposes.
We may group together statistical information to understand more about our customers in order to improve our range of products and services and to help manage our relationships with advertisers. When this is done, we only provide anonymous information and do not disclose personal details about any individuals.
In certain circumstances, Fitness in Balance/DesertDetoxDiet may be required to transfer or share personal information. Specifically, Fitness in Balance/DesertDetoxDiet may transfer your data to successors in title to our business (third parties who buy our company or the relevant part of the business), or to any suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. Further, we will comply with lawful requests to disclose personal information to certain authorities (e.g. law enforcement agencies).
You can request a copy of the personal information that we may hold by writing to us at the address below.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY. We may change this policy to keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice. Your continued use of the site will be taken as acceptance of the changes.
Our web site and our email updates may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of such other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy and security policies of these other sites.
Last Updated: March 25, 2010
Welcome to the Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet.com website (the â€śWebsiteâ€ť). The Website is designed to provide information about the DesertDetoxDiet program, nutrition, fitness and exercise, overall wellness (the â€śServiceâ€ť).
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
1. Acceptance of Terms. This Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (the â€śAgreementâ€ť) sets forth legally binding terms for your use of the Website. By using any of our Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a "Visitor" (which means that you simply browse the Website) or you are a "Member" (which means that you have registered on one Website). If you do not accept the terms of this Agreement, you should leave our Website and discontinue use of the Service immediately. We may modify this Agreement from time to time, and such modification shall be effective upon its posting on our Website. You agree to be bound by any modification to this Agreement when you use our Website after any such modification is posted; it is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly.
2. General Registration Requirements. If you wish to become a Member, you must register on our Website. In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form available on our Website (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update your Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website and Service (or any portion thereof). Use of the Service and membership on our Website is void where prohibited.
3. Children. Due to the nature of the internet, we cannot prohibit minors from visiting our Website. Our Website is not directed toward children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 through the Website. If you believe that a child has provided information to us through the Website, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will use our best efforts to remove all of the information provided by the child from our system.
4. Member Account, Password and Security. If you register on our Website, you will be required to provide personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address, and you may be asked for additional information regarding your account.
5. Preservation/Disclosure. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet may access, preserve and disclose your account information and any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content") you have posted or made available through our Website if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet, its Members and the public. Under no other circumstances will Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet intentionally disclose your account information to any third party.
6. Security Components. You understand that our Website and software embodied within our Website may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet and/or content providers who provide content to Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any such security components and usage rules embedded into our Website.
7. Non-commercial Use. The Service may not be used in connection with any commercial purposes, except as specifically approved by Fitness In Balance/ DesertDetoxDiet. Unauthorized framing of or linking to our Website is prohibited.
8. Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet and Third Party Content. Our Website contains Content of Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet ("Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet Content"), and Content of third party licensors to Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet (including Content provided by you and other users of our Website, as described above), which is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet owns and retains all rights, title and interest in the Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet Content. You may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, make available, or sell any Content appearing on or through our Website or Service.
10. International Use. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
12. Copyright and Trademark Policy. Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on our Website or with the Service. Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet reserves the right in its sole discretion to immediately suspend and/or terminate access to the Service or our Website by any user who is alleged to have infringed on the intellectual property rights of Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Fitness In Balance/ DesertDetoxDietâ€™s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet either by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. mail to our designated agent for notification of infringement, Cathy Serif,at the following address: 54 Vista Encantada, Rancho Mirage, California 92270.
Trademarks: The following are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet in the United States and other countries: DESERT DETOX DIET, FITNESS IN BALANCE, BALANCED TRAINING BOOT CAMP, FOOT LOOSE & RUNNING FREE the logos, and the products described on this Site. These trademarks may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Fitness In Balance/ DesertDetoxDiet. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Fitness In Balance DesertDetoxDiet, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Fitness In Balance/ DesertDetoxDiet. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
13. Term and Termination. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect for so long as it is posted on our Website. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, by contacting us at email@example.com with your instructions. Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet reserves the right to terminate your account immediately, with or without notice to you, and without liability to you, if Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet believes that you have breached any of the terms of this Agreement, furnished Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet with false or misleading information, or interfered with use of the Website or the Service by others. The terms of Sections 5, 7, 8, and 13 - 24 will survive termination of this Agreement or termination of your use of the Service.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties. You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of the Website and the Service is at your sole risk. The Website and the Service are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors (collectively, THE â€śFITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIESâ€ť expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, with respect to the service, the Website, and any third party Website with which they are linked.
THE FITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIES are not responsible for any health problems that may result from training programs, recipes, products, or events you learn about on the Service, or any action or inaction on your part as a result of information you have obtained from the Service. If you engage in any exercise or diet program you receive through the Service, you agree that you do so voluntarily at your own risk, and agree to release and discharge Fitness In Balance/ DesertDetoxDiet, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of your use of the exercise program.
THE FITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIES make no warranty (i) that the Website or the Service will meet your requirements; (ii) that the Website or Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free, or free of any harmful components (including viruses); (iii) regarding any results you may obtain from the use of the Website or Service; and (iv) that the quality of any content, products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Website or Service will meet your expectations. The FITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIES DO NOT PROVIDE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE COMMUNICATIONS, PERSONALIZED SETTINGS, OR OTHER DATA. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Website or the Service is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
15. Limitation on Liability. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws in no event with the FITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIES be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profit damages arising from or in connection with the use of the Service, the Website or any website with which they are linked, even if any of the FITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIES have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the aggregate liability of the FITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIES to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet or the Services.
16. Exclusions and Limitations. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, in certain jurisdictions, some of the above limitations of liability may not apply to you; all other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
17. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the FITNESS IN BALANCE/DESERTDETOXDIET PARTIES from any and all third party claims, losses, liability, damages, and/or costs (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising from your breach of the terms of this Agreement, or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet will notify you promptly of any such claim, loss, liability, or demand, and will provide you with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, loss, liability, damage, or cost.
18. Additional Terms. We may also require you to follow additional rules, guidelines or other conditions (â€śAdditional Termsâ€ť) in order to participate in certain promotions or activities available through our Website, to obtain certain premium Content through our Website, or for other reasons.
19. Modification and Discontinuation. We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Service or our Website (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of the Service or our Website.
21. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement and the relationship between you and Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the County of Riverside, California.
22. Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of Fitness In Balance/DesertDetoxDiet to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
23. Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Website, the Service or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
24. Questions. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: March 25, 2010